- 2 lb Bay Scallops
- 2 cups Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Milk
- Lay out scallops on paper towel and pat dry. The less moisture on the scallops the better!
- In a bowl combine flour, Old Bay seasoning and pepper.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Place the Panko breadcrumb in another bowl or on a plate.
- Dip the scallops a few at a time into the flour, coating well. Then into the egg mixture and finally into the breadcrumbs. Set aside. Repeat the process until all are coated.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil in a large skillet or deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Add the scallops a few at a time taking care not to crowd the pan. Cook for about a minute or until golden brown and crispy. These small scallops cook very quickly so make sure not to overcook them.
- Once cooked remove and drain on paper towel. Serve immediately.
Sodium: 727mg | Calcium: 63mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin A: 114IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 397mg | Cholesterol: 92mg | Calories: 434kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Fat: 26g | Protein: 25g | Carbohydrates: 32g | Iron: 3mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP