- 2 lb Atlantic Halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus) Fillet cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice
- 1 Onion red, thinly sliced
- 2 Red Bell Pepper coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Chile Peppers red, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups Chicken Stock fish stock is best if available
- 400 g Tomatoes can, chopped
- 270 ml Coconut Milk can
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Cilantro for garnish, chopped
- Place fish in a large non-metallic bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1 teaspoon salt. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add red bell pepper, garlic and Chile pepper, then cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 minutes or until peppers are softened.
- Stir in stock, tomatoes, coconut milk, coconut oil and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for 20-25 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Add halibut and marinating juices, then cook for a further 5 minutes until the fish is just barely cooked. Carefully stir in the remaining lime juice taking care not to break up the fish too much. Remove from heat and let stand another 3-5 minutes to finish cooking. Season to taste and serve garnished with cilantro.
Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 594mg | Potassium: 983mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1951IU | Vitamin C: 88mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP