- 1 lb Northern Shrimp (Pandalus borealis) uncooked, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup Basmati Rice cooked
- 250 ml Black Beans can
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 tsp Chile Powder
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1/2 cup Scallion sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Strain and rinse black beans. Add to rice. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl mix lime juice, chili powder, honey, soy sauce and olive oil. Add shrimp and toss well. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together tomato, cilantro and scallions. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat add shrimp mixture. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until shrimp are pink and just starting to curl. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Divide rice and beans evenly among 4 serving bowls. Add tomato cilantro mixture and layer shrimp on top. Top with pan juices and serve immediately.
Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 235mg | Potassium: 723mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 676IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 3mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP