- 4 Lobster Tails
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks Celery finely chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme finely chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Tarragon finely chopped
- 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 4 cups Lobster Stock see below
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Add the lobster tails to boiling water, cover with lid and let boil for 5 minutes, or until bright red.
- Remove lobster tails, reserving the liquid stock. When the lobsters have cooled slightly, remove the meat from the shells, reserving the meat and any liquid that comes out of the shells.
- Return lobster shells back to the water in the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for a further 15 minutes to draw as much flavour out of the shells as possible.
- While stock is simmering, chop the meat into bite-sized pieces and refrigerate.
- Heat butter and oil in a large, heavy-based pot over medium heat, Sweat the onions, carrots, celery and fresh herbs. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Season with the bouillon powder, salt and pepper/s. Stir in 4 cloves of minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix in tomato paste, cook for a further minute to coat vegetables. Sprinkle over flour and cook, while stirring occasionally for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in wine, simmer and let reduce to half. Stir in lobster stock, reduce heat and gently simmer while stirring occasionally, until liquid has thickened slightly and flavours have blended, about 30 minutes.
- Take off the heat, transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively, purée with an immersion blender until very smooth. Return to medium-low heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Melt butter a skillet pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add in chopped lobster meat, season with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste. Lightly sauté for 1 minute while stirring occasionally, until lobster meat is just warmed through.
- Puree right in the pot with an immersion blender OR pour into a blender. If using a blender, you may need to blend in batches of two or three to prevent pressure from building up inside the jug from the heat. Make sure you take the centre piece out of the lid to let the steam escape.
- Mix 3/4 of the lobster meat into the bisque. Pour into individual serving bowls. Add a dollop of sour cream (optional) and top each bowl with remaining lobster meat. Serve hot.
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 177mg | Sodium: 721mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1414IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 1mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP
Recipe from Fishermen’s Premium Lobster Inc.