- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 lb Ocean Perch Fillets
- 1 cup Cornmeal coarse
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt plus more to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- Sriracha Sauce to taste
- 4 Hamburger Buns sesame
- 2 tsp Butter room temperature
- Tomato, Onion, Lettuce and Pickle to finish
- Pour oil to a depth of one inch into a medium cast iron skillet and place over medium to medium-high heat. Heat another skillet or griddle over medium to medium-low.
- Pat the fish dry, score the skin, and sprinkle with salt. In a medium mixing bowl, toss the cornmeal with the salt and pepper. Mix the mayo and sriracha together in a small bowl and set aside. Line a cooling rack with paper towels.
- Spread butter on the insides of the potato buns and place, cut side down, on griddle. When the oil is hot, press the filets on both sides into the cornmeal mixture. Slide the filets into the hot oil and fry filets for about 5 minutes. Remove fish to the paper towel-lined rack to drain. Sprinkle with salt.
- To finish the sandwiches, pull the buns off the griddle and spread the spicy mayo over the cut sides. Place two pieces of fish on each bun and finish with toppings of your choice. Serve with coleslaw.
Calories: 589kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 15g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 762mg | Potassium: 531mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 81IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 3mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP
Recipe from Wulf’s Fish.