- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- 2 Onions chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Potatoes large, peeled and diced
- 2 cups Fish Stock
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Cooked Seafood (Lobster, Shrimp, Mussels, Fish, Clams, Scallops or any combination of)
- In a large pot melt butter over medium heat; saute celery, onion, bay leaf and thyme for about 5 minutes or until onions just start to brown. Season with salt and pepper and add potatoes. Saute for 2-3 minutes more.
- Increase heat to medium high and stir in fish stock. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 5 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- In a bowl combine milk and cream. Whisk in flour and add mixture to pot. Simmer, stirring often as chowder begins to thicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Stir in seafood and let stand 5 minutes as the seafood heats up and infuses the chowder with flavor. Season again with salt and pepper to taste then ladle into bowls. Enjoy.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 603mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 1mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP
*Note: Nutritional values are approximate as it depends on the seafood chowder mix used.