- 1 lb Halibut Fillet 2 8 ounce portions
- 1 tsp Instant Flour for dusting
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 3/4 cup White Wine dry
- 3 tbsp Butter cut into slices
- Fresh Italian Parsley chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Pre-heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Pat halibut portions dry of an excess moisture with paper towels.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Dust with a thin coating of Wondra on both sides.
- Add the canola oil to the pan & allow to get hot, but not smoking.
- Place halibut portions in the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes without moving them.
- Flip fish and place the whole pan in the oven.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes until cooked through. *Fish is finished cooking when the flat end of a wooden skewer can pass through the thickest part of the fish with no resistance*
- *CAUTION* Carefully remove the pan from the oven, pan handle will be HOT.
For the Butter Sauce
- Remove the halibut from the pan and place on a plate. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Place pan back on stovetop on medium-high heat. Add wine and simmer until quantity is reduced by half.
- Add the butter slices and swirl until melted into the wine. Add the parsley. Do not boil!
- Remove pan from heat.
- Arrange halibut on a serving plate, spoon sauce over fish generously, and serve immediately.
- Serve with steamed asparagus and fresh lemon to accompany.
Calories: 555kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 1056mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 677IU | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP
Recipe from Northcoast Seafoods.