- 1 lb Squid (Calamari) Rings frozen, thawed
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 2 Eggs large
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 cups Vegetable Oil for frying
- Pat squid rings dry with paper towel. In a bowl lightly whisk the eggs. In another bowl mix together flour, cornstarch, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt.
- In a separate bowl or plate spread out breadcrumbs.
- Coat squid rings one at a time with flour mixture, then dip into eggs and then breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F. Gently place individual squid rings into hot oil and cook in small batches. Cook for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towel. Serve hot with Marinara dipping sauce.
Sodium: 483mg | Calcium: 80mg | Vitamin C: 5mg | Vitamin A: 210IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 362mg | Cholesterol: 346mg | Calories: 555kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Fat: 32g | Protein: 24g | Carbohydrates: 41g | Iron: 3mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP