- 4 4/6 oz Ocean Perch Fillets cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 Eggs
- 16 Green Beans cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 Onion sliced
- 4 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 Thai Chili Pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil or Cilantro for garnish
- Pat dry the perch fillets. Cut the fillets into 2 inch pieces and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Separate the eggs and reserve the yolks for another use. Place the egg whites in a shallow bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper and whisk with a fork.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add a tablespoon of oil.
- Dip fillets one by one into the egg white coating them well. Place gently into the hot oil and fry for about a minute on each side. Do in batches making sure to never crowd the pan. Repeat the process until all the fish is cooked and slightly curled.
- Add remaining oil to the same pan and add onions. Saute until golden brown. About 5 minutes.
- Now add the red curry paste and saute it for 5 to 8 minutes. Then add the coconut milk, green beans and birdseye pepper. If the sauce seems to be too thick, add some water to loosen it up and let it come to a gentle simmer.
- Add the fish fillets back into the sauce. Cover and cook on low heat for 3 more minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle fresh cilantro leaves or basil and serve the red fish curry with flavorful Jasmine rice.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 247mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2642IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP