- 4 lb Mussels whole, scrubbed
- 550 g Pasta your favorite, cooked
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Tomato Sauce store bought is fine
- 1/4 cup White Wine dry
- 2 tbsp Parsley fresh, chopped
- pinch Oregano dried
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile place mussels in a large pot and add water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook just until the shells open, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon transfer the opened mussels to a colander, discarding any unopened mussels. Reserve the cooking liquid.
- Line a sieve with cheese cloth or paper towel and place over a large bowl. Strain the cooking liquid and reserve 1/2 cup.
- Add the strained reserved cooking liquid, tomato sauce, garlic, wine, parsley and oregano to a pot and bring to boil over high heat. Cook, stirring often until reduced by half. About 5 minutes. Add the mussels, cover and simmer for about 2 minutes until the mussels are reheated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to the pot and mix well. Transfer to serving dishes and enjoy.
Sodium: 1320mg | Calcium: 118mg | Vitamin C: 31mg | Vitamin A: 1069IU | Sugar: 9g | Fiber: 6g | Potassium: 1486mg | Cholesterol: 65mg | Calories: 756kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 8g | Protein: 47g | Carbohydrates: 119g | Iron: 12mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP