- 24 Scallops large, dry
- 12 strips Bacon
- 24 Toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread scallops out on paper towel and pat dry. The less moisture on the scallops the better!
- Trim rounded ends from bacon strips (optional) but it makes for a cleaner presentation. Cut in half lengthwise and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the bacon just begins to brown slightly but remains soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes. Fold bacon in half lengthwise and wrap each scallop securing firmly at the end with a toothpick through the center. Try to keep the bacon just below the top of the scallop as you wrap. Again, it makes for a more sophisticated presentation.
- Line the baking sheet with new foil and bake the scallops for 5-7 minutes until done. Serve hot and enjoy.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 526mg | Potassium: 210mg | Vitamin A: 18IU | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP