- 6 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Cream heavy
- 1 cup Milk
- 5 Egg Yolks large, slightly beaten
- 1 lb Lobster Meat cut into bite size pieces
- 4 tbsp Cognac
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg ground
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne
- 6 Puff Pastry Shells frozen
- Bake the puff pastry shells according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and cream until slightly thickened. Do not allow it to boil.
- Add a few tablespoons of the cream mixture to the eggs and whisk to temper the eggs. Not too much or the eggs will curdle.
- Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the cream and turn the heat to low. Continue stirring until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the lobster, cognac, lemon juice, cayenne, nutmeg and salt.
- Spoon the Lobster Newburg evenly into the puff pastry shells . Garnish with parsley if desired.
Calories: 666kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 347mg | Sodium: 674mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1240IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 2mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP