- 10-12 Clam Shells
- 1 cup Clams meat, Atlantic surf clam (Spisula solidissima), chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Pepper finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- dash Black Pepper
- dash Worcestershire Sauce
- 12 Ritz Crackers crushed
- 1 tbsp Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop clam meat for 1 cup of clams and juice.
- Saute onion, celery, and green pepper in 3 tbsp. butter over medium high heat until vegetables are tender and slightly browned. About 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cheese, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Add 1/4 cup of Ritz crackers and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in clams with their liquid, stirring while you cook until mixture is thick and bubbly. Add parsley (reserving a little for garnish). Divide mixture evenly among 10-12 clam shells.
- Combine remaining crumbs and 1 tbsp. melted butter and sprinkle over the filled shells. Sprinkle lightly with paprika and remaining parsley.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12-15 minutes. Serve hot.
Sodium: 435mg | Calcium: 54mg | Vitamin C: 23mg | Vitamin A: 934IU | Sugar: 2g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 141mg | Cholesterol: 41mg | Calories: 211kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Fat: 17g | Protein: 3g | Carbohydrates: 12g | Iron: 1mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP