- 1 cup 90/120 Northern Shrimp cooked
- 30 90/120 Northern Shrimp cooked
- 4 cups Vegetable or Fish Stock
- 2 cups 35% Cream
- 2 cups Frozen Corn Kernels
- 2 cups Potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup Onion finely diced
- 2/3 cup Carrot finely diced
- 2/3 cup Celery finely diced
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp Garlic finely minced
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 12 sprigs Thyme chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Dried Parsley to taste
- Heat oil in pot and sweat garlic, onions, carrots and celery until soft. Add potatoes, bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in the pot and whisk in 1-1 ½ tbsp flour to create a roux. Slowly add some stock and whisk until it has thickened.
- Whisk the roux and chowder base and simmer until thickened about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Add the cream, frozen corn and shrimp and simmer until heated through.
- For Serving: Ladle some broth with lots of shrimp and vegetables into each bowl.
- To Garnish: Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of flour, cayenne, paprika, dried parsley. Coat each of the thirty shrimp. Pan-fry until crisp; approximately 1 minute on each side. Place five shrimp in the center of each bowl with a sprig of thyme.
- Serve hot with a fresh biscuit.
Sodium: 528mg | Calcium: 123mg | Vitamin C: 22mg | Vitamin A: 2942IU | Sugar: 6g | Fiber: 4g | Potassium: 770mg | Cholesterol: 213mg | Calories: 565kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Fat: 37g | Protein: 19g | Carbohydrates: 39g | Iron: 3mg
OCEAN FRIENDLY INGREDIENT!Certified Sustainable – MSC, Seafood Watch, OceanWise or BAP
Recipe from Louisbourg Seafoods.